More details on the Maya king's tomb find
- From: Mike R <michaelruggeri@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 09:26:53 -0700 (PDT)
Science Daily adds some detail to the Maya king's tomb at El Zotz find
and one photo of a remarkable ceramic found there.
The detail they have added is that it appears the king is going into
the tomb as a ritual dancer. He has small bells of shell with dog
canines as clappers. He may have been holding a sacrificial knife and
wearing an elaborate headdress. But the knife may have been used to
cut through bone. It has red residue, which may be blood.
Science Daily has the story here;
I will post more photos as they appear.
Mike Ruggeri's Maya World
- Prev by Date: Elaborate tomb of a Maya king found
- Next by Date: fire seal with video
- Previous by thread: Elaborate tomb of a Maya king found
- Next by thread: fire seal with video