Re: canon 300d IR?

I have no idea if it is IR capable, but I made a simple remote with about $8 worth of parts from radioshack. Of course, it has to be plugged into the camera, but that's ok for my purposes. Here is a link that describes how to do it. It is very easy to do:

http://www.covingtoninnovations.com/dslr/CanonRelease.html

Alternatively, you can buy one here for about $24:

http://www.filmart.com/cgi-bin/filmart/RS60E3.html

Good luck.

George

Thanks, George. I've actually already made one. It just seemed like such a cool thing to be able to trigger the shutter without touching anything on or connected to the camera, and for only the cost of a universal remote.

  • Re: Stepping Up to DSLR - Canon 350D
    ... prime is worth its weight in gold if it fits into what your needs are. ... Go for the BEST glass you can afford - and wait pariently to get more ... buying L series glass - and knew when I had the first pictures ... your camera is functioning properly. ...
    (rec.photo.digital.slr-systems)
  • Re: just joined this group
    ... I've also seen the Pentax name lately as a cheaper alternative to the ... Are they worth it and what are the advantages over ... system maybe XP/Vista and the next operating system comes out and your ... camera, sounds more like a vacation instead. ...
    (alt.photography)
  • Re: Black Friday for Walmart ?
    ... in the door. ... electronics are much cheaper here than in India, and it's worth it to them. ... I'd buy a new 35mm camera. ... Didn't you spend your work career sucking on the government teat? ...
    (rec.boats)
  • Re: Black Friday for Walmart ?
    ... in the door. ... electronics are much cheaper here than in India, and it's worth it to them. ... I'd buy a new 35mm camera. ... Didn't you spend your work career sucking on the government teat? ...
    (rec.boats)
  • Re: Suggestion mid range high quality lens
    ... >> I don't mind paying pro lens prices, if it's worth it. ... >> Nikon camera. ... one of the best wide angle zoom lenses ...
    (rec.photo.equipment.35mm)