Giant exoplanet WASP-14b in Bootes

Dear group,

A very productive evening came to a successful conclusion an hour ago
with the work involving the exoplanet WASP-14b in Bootes 570 light-
years away and which was announced in mid-2008.

This exoplanet has a whopping mass 7.75 times that of Jupiter and is
one of the densest exoplanets discovered so far. WASP-14b requires a
mere 54 hours to complete one orbit around its host star. When in
transit across its sun, the event lasts 183.6 minutes at a depth of
10.2 mmag (ie. 0.0102 mag).

For further details as well as the transit itself from a few hours
ago, please see http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Photometry-WASP-14-20100501.htm
..

Anthony.
..

  • Re: Giant exoplanet WASP-14b in Bootes
    ... A very productive evening came to a successful conclusion an hour ago ... with the work involving the exoplanet WASP-14b in Bootes 570 light- ... This exoplanet has a whopping mass 7.75 times that of Jupiter and is ... For further details as well as the transit itself from a few hours ...
    (sci.astro.amateur)
  • Re: Giant exoplanet WASP-14b in Bootes
    ... with the work involving the exoplanet WASP-14b in Bootes 570 light- ... This exoplanet has a whopping mass 7.75 times that of Jupiter ... For further details as well as the transit itself from a few hours ...
    (sci.astro.amateur)
  • Re: Giant exoplanet WASP-14b in Bootes
    ... with the work involving the exoplanet WASP-14b in Bootes 570 light- ... transit across its sun, the event lasts 183.6 minutes at a depth of ... exoplanet and, as such, it is out of my league. ...
    (sci.astro.amateur)
  • Re: Exoplanet and super-earth GJ 1214b in Oph
    ... Last night I went after the rather difficult exoplanet transit GJ ... dim magnitude of the host star. ... Is the Gemini Observatory farsighted? ...
    (sci.astro.amateur)
  • Transitting exoplanet in Hercules (TrES-3)
    ... exoplanet's proximity to its parent star and its degenerative orbit. ... at some point this exoplanet will not be available for ... dimness of the parent star during transit. ... I contacted a couple of individuals a priori surrounding this transit ...
    (sci.astro.amateur)