Fwd: Physics and spirituality: "A rapturous amazement at the harmony of natural law" | Points of View - Physics Today

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Physics and spirituality: "A rapturous amazement at the harmony of natural law" | Points of View - Physics Today
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 09:25:06 -0500
From: Sam Wormley <swormley1@xxxxxxxxx>
Newsgroups: sci.physics

http://www.physicstoday.org/daily_edition/points_of_view/physics_and_spirituality_a_rapturous_amazement_at_the_harmony_of_natural_law

A physicist shares his conviction that scientific and religious views of the world are complementary and compatible.

With fear and trepidation, I approach the topic of physics and spirituality. To even consider physics and spirituality as a single topic—not two—may qualify as heresy. I have to wonder about public perception: If a physics instructor confesses to holding religious views, is that alarming, or subversive, or even reckless?

  • Re: Nedwsgroup crammed funn of crackpots
    ... I have an interest in physics, ... YouTube videos debunking "free energy" claims. ... moderator might be tempted to "cut you a new one". ... Newsgroups, that address just about every scientific subject. ...
    (sci.physics)
  • Re: Welcome to the Physics Newsgroups
    ... [spr removed; sent message there separately] ... | The sci.physics.* and alt.sci.physics.* newsgroups are forums devoted ... | physics, and all are welcome to contribute postings here. ... moderator for spr and we know he is not a moderator. ...
    (sci.physics)
  • Re: Welcome to the Physics Newsgroups
    ... [spr removed; sent message there separately] ... | The sci.physics.* and alt.sci.physics.* newsgroups are forums devoted ... | physics, and all are welcome to contribute postings here. ... moderator for spr and we know he is not a moderator. ...
    (sci.physics.relativity)
  • Re: Welcome to the Physics Newsgroups
    ... [spr removed; sent message there separately] ... | The sci.physics.* and alt.sci.physics.* newsgroups are forums devoted ... | physics, and all are welcome to contribute postings here. ... moderator for spr and we know he is not a moderator. ...
    (sci.physics.particle)
  • Re: God=G_uv proves 40k B.C. Creation
    ... >> Newsgroups are full of unqualified people who think they are qualified. ... >> You can usually tell when someone is only pretending to be an expert. ... >> have to be an expert in physics to recognize that fact. ... Timberwoof <me at timberwoof dot com> http://www.timberwoof.com ...
    (sci.physics.relativity)