Fwd: Physics and spirituality: "A rapturous amazement at the harmony of natural law" | Points of View - Physics Today

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Physics and spirituality: "A rapturous amazement at the harmony of natural law" | Points of View - Physics Today
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 09:25:06 -0500
From: Sam Wormley <swormley1@xxxxxxxxx>
Newsgroups: sci.physics

http://www.physicstoday.org/daily_edition/points_of_view/physics_and_spirituality_a_rapturous_amazement_at_the_harmony_of_natural_law

A physicist shares his conviction that scientific and religious views of the world are complementary and compatible.

With fear and trepidation, I approach the topic of physics and spirituality. To even consider physics and spirituality as a single topic—not two—may qualify as heresy. I have to wonder about public perception: If a physics instructor confesses to holding religious views, is that alarming, or subversive, or even reckless?

.