Best source for star position data?

Hi,

Is there a de-facto standard source for star position data? As a
learning exercise I am trying to build a web hosted program to display
the stars near Earth in 3D rotatable display.

I have found the (YBSC) Yale Bright Star Catalog, but this only
contains stars above a certain magnitude and many of the stars lack
parallax data (so, I can not calculate distance).

I have also found Davis Nash's HYG (Hipparcos, Yale, Gliese) catalog,
but that lacks a lot of the supplemental data included in YBSC.

Is there a standard database of star positions used by modern
astronomers?

Thanks,
John

.