"George Dishman" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:fa917d$h0e$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Landy" <noone@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:fa8rut$513$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Mike Dworetsky" <platinum198@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:cpSdnYtTks5rc1rbRVnyuwA@xxxxxxxxx
"Landy" <noone@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:fa7rs0$2jm$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
NASA's APOD (Astronomy Picture of the Day) site seems to have been
"off the air" for a week or so now. Did they change the URL without
telling anyone?
("current" URL is http://apod.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/)
Even internal links from other NASA sites don't work.

Anyone in the know?
cheers
Bill

Try this one. Could be an alias of the other URL, but the link you give
works fine for me (in the UK).

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html

No - that's a no-go as well. Found that alias somewhere else on the NASA
site.
Thanks for trying! I'll leave it a couple of days to see if it
self-rectifies.
cheers

Both those links work perfectly using IE7 on XP home
for me. Perhaps your ISP is having DNS trouble.

Two different ISP's (doesn't work at work either) - perhaps it's the whole
country!
cheers
Bill

.