Food in and Waste out pattern set up in infancy.

Before I have suggested that breast feeding sets up a pattern of food
in and waste out. But how? This study may explain at least one way.

Breast milk sets up the small intestines : " The lining of a
newborn's gut is particularly vulnerable to damage as it has never
been exposed to food or drink. The new study highlights the importance
of breastfeeding in the first few days after the birth.... (and)
Scientists at Queen Mary, University of London have discovered that an
ingredient in human breast milk protects and repairs the delicate
intestines of newborn babies."

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/06/090629200754.htm

  • Re: Weaning and clinginess
    ... I would also increase other fluids other than breast milk, ... they sat with us at dinner and ate such food as they could gum. ... >luck with sippy cups and were thinking of just practicing with a cup, ...
    (misc.kids)
  • Re: How to wean your baby from a mothers point of view
    ... bottle away from her, not at one year old anyways ... Then why would you take her off the breast? ... She must be not from a Western culture. ... Chewing up food for babies is ...
    (misc.kids)
  • Re: V opening tonight (1/11/11)
    ... The origin of birds has been somewhat controversial. ... When Anna regurgitated her food, ... Seeing how wide they can open their mouths that may not be necessary. ... having her have so many eggs ruled out breast feeding since it ...
    (rec.arts.tv)
  • Re: you can see Girl live in Gmail
    ... Does she eat exactly 2 pounds of food a day, no more or less, and when you ... Wonder if there is any of the bad fat in her breast that will go away with ... I wonder if there is some doctor who can shed light on these breasts ...
    (sci.med.cardiology)
  • Re: How to wean your baby from a mothers point of view
    ... On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 15:06:13 GMT, dejablues wrote: ... bottle away from her, not at one year old anyways ... Then why would you take her off the breast? ... Chewing up food for babies is done ...
    (misc.kids)