Re: UNUSED URANIUM, PLUTONIUM, etc.

From: N:dlzc D:aol T:com \(dlzc\) (net_at_nospam.com)
Date: 07/14/04

Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 07:17:21 -0700

Dear Mohammed Farooq:

"Mohammed Farooq" <farooq_w@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:66756669.0407140606.62712776@posting.google.com...
> Uncle Al <UncleAl0@hate.spam.net> wrote in message
>
> > One can only anticipate a (thermo)nuclear conflict between India
> > and Pakistan with a great sense of amusement and satisfaction.
>
> Not everybody is a sadist, replace "One" by "Al" in the sentence.

In the 1957 the US military dropped a nuclear bomb just outside of
Albuquerque. They didn't mean to, it just fell out. Good thing it wasn't
armed...
URL:http://www.40th-bomb-wing.com/lakenheath.html
... don't go there, it starts playing music...
<QUOTE>
A 10 megaton hydrogen bomb was accidentally dropped from a bomber in an
uninhabited area near Albuquerque, New Mexico owned by the University of
New Mexico. The conventional explosives detonated, creating a 12 foot deep
crater 25 feet across in which some radiation was detected.
<END QUOTE>

I think Al looks forward to more slapstick comedy.

David A. Smith

Relevant Pages

  • Re: UNUSED URANIUM, PLUTONIUM, etc.
    ... In the 1957 the US military dropped a nuclear bomb just outside of ... uninhabited area near Albuquerque, New Mexico owned by the University of ... New Mexico. ... <END QUOTE> ...
    (sci.physics)
  • Re: AMC orders 1980s computing boom, 1770s spies drama pilots
    ... His family was part of Seattle High Society. ... Legend has it that he did bootleg time on a computer there to work on BASIC, I can no longer remember if he was writing a BASIC, or it was specifically for the Altair. ... Then it was off to Albuquerque, where in initially he was part of MITS but soon a standalone company, Microsoft. ... He did return to Seattle after a while in New MExico, but the legend had already happened, which I think was the point of his success in the beginning. ...
    (rec.arts.tv)
  • Re: New Mexico highway stuff
    ... It's an abbreviation that's in common usage in New Mexico. ... Albuquerque that tells you where US 66 and US 85 used to be. ... US 85 was never concurrent with I-25 ...
    (misc.transport.road)
  • Re: OT - possible move to Arizona? (long)
    ... But she is looking for a house to rent ... Albuquerque Natural History Museum (includes a lot of dinosaur ... Mexico Symphony, University of New Mexico, etc. ... I went to Carlsbad Caverns when I was a kid! ...
    (rec.pets.cats.anecdotes)
  • Upcoming New Mexico Trip
    ... a high school friend and I are traveling cross-county to ... The route is from Wilmington, NC to Albuquerque via I-20, Future I-22, ... It looks like we'll be in New Mexico from Monday thru most ... Old Town, Petroglyph National Monument, possibly more. ...
    (misc.transport.road)