Re: Why hydrogen does not have a neutron?

On Mon, 30 May 05 12:15:45 GMT, lparker@xxxxxxxxx (Lloyd Parker)
wrote:

>,;In article <20881-4298BCC4-152@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>,; ol3@xxxxxxxxx (Oscar Lanzi III) wrote:
>,;>The notion that hydrogen doesn't "need" a neutron because there's only
>,;>one proton doesn't really fly. Even with no electrostatic repulsion
>,;>issue there is a net stabilization when a neutron is added. It comes,
>,;>of course, form the strong internuclear force, which also explains why
>,;>you can get two or more protons (with neutrons) togehter at all in other
>,;>elements.
>,;>
>,;>Given the right time under conditions that overcome the considerable
>,;>activation barrier, all protium (H-1) would convert to deuterium, and
>,;>beyond.
>,;>
>,;>--OL
>,;>
>,;Then why didn't it all just after Planck time, when there was plenty of
>,;energy to overcome it, and the deuterium we have now was formed?

Deuterium was formed in Planck's time??? Your grammar is absolutely
atrocious. Please take that sentence to an English teacher and ask
where you went wrong. You need some help and should consider taking
some remedial courses.

  • Re: Heavy Protons & Life Without Hydrogen
    ... deuterium, ... rapidly decays into dineutrons. ... A deuteron is a bound state of a neutron and proton. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.science)
  • Re: Tom Van Flandern and Newtonian Gravity
    ... the neutron and proton neither shrink nor become less ... If you really think your so-called theory of gravity has ... you really think I'm going to mistake that for physics or even any ...
    (sci.physics.relativity)
  • Re: Dawkins and nuclear physics
    ... some of the nuclear physics involved in radioisotope dating. ... A neutron turns into a proton. ... Cosmic ray induced fission is irrelevant. ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: Warum =?iso-8859-1?Q?k=C3=B6nnen?= Actiniden nicht in der Sonne entstehen?
    ... Electrons moving backward in time would have ... Yoichiro Nambu later applied it to all production and annihilation of ... aus einem Proton kann niemals ein Neutron entstehen. ...
    (de.sci.physik)
  • Re: Energy and Mass
    ... proton and one neutron. ... that a very strong "bond" must be acting to hold them together to form ... net amount of energy is released and dissipated to the surroundings. ...
    (sci.physics)