Re: Electrolysis of water

On May 22, 2:28 pm, Fred Kasner <fkas...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Charles wrote:
On Sun, 20 May 2007 00:58:15 -0400, "Proctologically Violated©®"
<entropic3.14de...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I often see that platinum is used as an electrode.
Is this essential? If it is essential, is it because pt is inert, or that
it has catalytic properties? Or both?
If it is not essential, could one use stainless steel? Anything else?

I used to use carbon rods I removed from dry cells.

Yeah, that works but poorly since carbon is a poor conductor.

How about lead shot?

  • Re: Damn you, FEDEX! or Nikon D40 lost in Springfield, MO blackhole.
    ... the 2 mp Mavica he had been using with a Nikon D40. ... After shopping around, he got me to order one for him. ... The shipper had it insured, but from what I have read it could take weeks to sort this crap out. ... You may get your insurance from FedEx and a couple weeks later they find it and deliver it. ...
    (alt.photography)
  • Re: python 3 constant
    ... is require Python to change to accommodate your need. ... Can you see the slight difference? ... Best regards, ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Electrolysis of water
    ... If it is essential, is it because pt is inert, or that ... it has catalytic properties? ... I used to use carbon rods I removed from dry cells. ...
    (sci.chem)
  • Re: Electrolysis of water
    ... Charles wrote: ... If it is essential, is it because pt is inert, or that it has catalytic properties? ... I used to use carbon rods I removed from dry cells. ...
    (sci.chem)
  • Re: The Sci-Fi Rejection Letter That Time Forgot
    ... nations have stockpiled arsenals of these incredible bombs and the time the story is set. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)