DDT

Does anyone know how to make homemade DDT insecticide, if in fact it is true
that it can be done? I'm not planning to make it, I am just curious as to
the procedure if it is really true. A person told me that it can be done and
I don't believe him. Then I read on the internet that some people make it in
their basements and that it is "prepared by the reaction of chloral with
chlorobenzene in the presence of sulfuric acid, resulting in
dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane, also called
1,1,1-trichloro-2,2-bis(p-chlorophenyl)ethane, a synthetic insecticide
belonging to the family of organic halogen compounds", and I still do not
believe that it can be made at home. If anyone knows how to make DDT at home
please let me know. I don't think it's possible to make homemade DDT but if
you experts can tell me how it's done then I will believe it and my
curiosity will be satisfied. (I am assuming that if it is true that DDT can
be made at home, then there must be a step-by-step procedure that an
uneducated layman can follow) Thank you.

.