Re: the silliness of such things as mental effects

From: Neil W Rickert (rickert+nn_at_cs.niu.edu)
Date: 08/08/04

Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 14:00:14 +0000 (UTC)

patty <pattyNO@SPAMicyberspace.net> writes:

>An interesting piece. I almost want to say "well said". I especially
>like the part about "nattering nabobs of positivism and materialism"

That's from Spiro Agnew, Nixon's disgraced first veep. I think the
original was "nattering nabobs of negativism".

Relevant Pages

  • Re: OT: Those who disagree with Popinjay
    ... The nattering nabobs of negativism. ... So you've chosen the side of Spiro Agnew, ... to resign for being so corrupt? ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)
  • Re: OT: Those who disagree with Popinjay
    ... On Jun 5, 2:20 am, "Paul Popinjay" ... The nattering nabobs of negativism. ... So you've chosen the side of Spiro Agnew, ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)
  • Re: William Safire is Dead at 79
    ... of fools he called "nattering nabobs of negativism" and "hopeless, ... The two quotes above are actually by Spiro ... Agnew, though - another wordsmith. ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: the silliness of such things as mental effects
    ... >That's from Spiro Agnew, Nixon's disgraced first veep. ... intelligentsia and a highlight of politics in the 70's. ... Scientifically you decentuate the positive and accentuate ...
    (sci.cognitive)
  • Re: Does Borland believe their customers ?
    ... > nattering nabobs of negativism ... Thank you Dr Suess ... I'm wondering however, whether they really are from India, or at least ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)