Re: the silliness of such things as mental effects

From: Lester Zick (lesterDELzick_at_worldnet.att.net)
Date: 08/10/04

Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 15:47:06 GMT

On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 20:02:18 GMT, patty <pattyNO@SPAMicyberspace.net>
in comp.ai.philosophy wrote:

>Patty's brain does her thinking, it is not done by some cultural myth.
>It is my writings here that are (or are not) effective in changing
>people's behavior.

So, why don't you study your hands? Their behavioral reinforcement is
obviously of much greater significance to your writing than your mind.

> I rather suspect that they have had no effect;
>obviously non on you.

Insightful truth always has an effect on me. Your blather doesn't.

> But even you can see how the writings of the
>elite of the EAB's have effected my writing. Perhaps that is the change
>that is concerning you. Well you are free to act upon me to reverse
>that change.

Actually we were discussing your lack of a mind and whether that has
an impact on your writing. If you're not concerned with your lack of a
mind, then I certainly am not.

> For that to happen you will need to talk in a manner that
>makes sense to me. Saying things like: "P 'not not' is contradictory",
>when it is embedded in the language of logic that (not (not P)) = P, is
>not going to change my verbal behavior in the slightest.

So, you're suggesting I need to cowtow to your lack of a mind to
install elementary tautological inference? Not happening.

Regards - Lester

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Beggars Chant
    ... I hope you find your writing soon... ... Be open to the Spirit and its surprises. ... covered in a book I found recently entitled Of Mind and Music by Laird ... pre-tend, as long as the pre-tend is offered to serve the greater good ...
    (rec.music.dylan)
  • Re: Just a word about Mike in FBOW
    ... Deanna wouldn't mind if he excused himself ... But within the creative place where good writing ... > was dinner, candles, wine and guests. ...
    (rec.arts.comics.strips)
  • Re: Experimental collaboration
    ... I do not mind giving reasons, but see no value in discussing them. ... Creative Writing who has sent anything in here. ... My feeling is that active groups attract activity and if this group ...
    (uk.culture.arts.writing)
  • Re: Tengwar follow natures lines
    ... To my mind, ME is more like an opera than a musical score ... 'creative writing course.' ... One can trace a path from the angular form of a rune ... Also they could communicate mind-to-mind. ...
    (rec.arts.books.tolkien)
  • Re: Test Driven Development
    ... >>At times they may do DbC as part of TDD, but most of TDD is simple ... Writing a test does not help to make sure that the ... >>code more of what is in their mind, ... syntax error, not look, no it's synatx, but write new code anyway, ...
    (comp.object)