Re: Outrageous!! We *must* have tort reform!

royls_at_telus.net
Date: 11/08/04

Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 19:46:36 GMT

On 7 Nov 2004 18:56:45 -0800, nini_pad@yahoo.com (michael price)
wrote:

> Or you could just do it like we do here (Australia) and have a
>"loser pays" system.

Of course, you do not regard it as problematic that such a system
effectively denies the protection of law to any but the rich.

-- Roy L

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Patent source code?
    ... >Of course software patents provide protection. ... For rich companies. ... action of the law is to serve only the rich. ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: OT Just what is the fuss about 09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0?
    ... Then explain to me why you would get in just as much trouble for selling a bootleg copy of a movie made by copying from VHS to VHS as you would for copying from DVD to DVD? ... Casual piracy is a drop in the bucket compared to the billions of dollars the pirates overseas make selling their illegal wares each year. ... This time they released several DVD titles with a new form of copy protection intended to keep users from ripping the DVD to their computer. ... Yes, this meant that Sony was selling movies THAT YOU COULDN'T EVEN WATCH - *UNLESS* - you broke the law by making a copy your self After a few days of bad press, Sony eventually announced they would re-relese the discs without the copy protection, and replace any faulty discs for free. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action)
  • Rabbi: "we have a currency dominated economy, therefore prosbul"
    ... On some websites or 'ask the Rabbi' efforts, the prosbul has been defended ... you make a loan to an impoverished ... that the people performed the Torah law, and now in part thanks to Hillel ... the rich, or perhaps one should say, easier to neglect and pretend by the ...
    (soc.culture.jewish)
  • Re: OT: Land of the free?
    ... It's a premise that the Constitution is built upon. ... The question is not able *protecting* others rights, ... What law is that? ... right is different than being afforded protection of that right. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: OT| In todays (1/27/06) New York Times
    ... Rich, ... must be done within the law. ... >A freaking high school kid, can tap your phone, cell phone, or computer. ... they want the courts to plug the freaking HOLE Up For Them. ...
    (alt.guitar.amps)