Re: How many of you would support a poll tax in place of our current income tax?

Robert J. Kolker wrote:
> xyzer@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > Actually, I'm saying someone who gives up labor for dollars or for
> > anything really is not necessarily different from someone who gives
up,
> > say, dollars or other assets (including labor) for other goods
(e.g., a
> > TV).
>
> Are you saying anyone who works in order to buy things should work a
> little bit more for the government because he has bought things? In
that
> case you will get less work out of people than more work.
>
> Bob Kolker

no i'm not saying that... honestly, I would be for the consumption tax
because it would also lessen the large compliance costs that go along
with our current complicated income tax. But a poll tax would do the
same thing, so i'd be for that as well. I think compliance costs run
to the tune of about a quarter of a trillion dollars every year.

  • Re: OT: Capitalism
    ... You know exactly what I'm saying. ... Let me give you an example of actual involuntary labor. ... answered by more fallacious responses and ad hominem crap. ...
    (rec.arts.theatre.musicals)
  • Re: Lord help me
    ... If you want to improve your economy so that everyone benefits in the long term, do you think an influx of uneducated and unskilled labor is the solution? ... For a while there if you worked full-time busting your ass mowing lawns, raking leaves or digging ditches, you could live at an acceptable standard (decent used car, reasonably safe apartment, a little disposable income to save up or waste as you saw fit). ... Now you got people coming in and saying, "Hey, we'll work for less money and live at lower standard because it's better than the shit hole we just left. ... an extra $100 per week for the laborer means he can pay a higher rent. ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)
  • Re: If NASCR was not dead to me before now, it just got killed in my mind
    ... Saves me saying it. ... Nothing is like US politics. ... it does everything with the primary goal of every government on ... Bottom line is, Labor can now screw the Greens and 1-2 independents, ...
    (rec.autos.sport.f1)
  • Re: McCain Camp Disses D&D
    ... Hey, you're the one saying money creates wealth, not me. ... Money only enables labor to create wealth. ... value because folks want it more than raw materials. ... False dilemmas are just that, ...
    (rec.games.frp.dnd)
  • Re: Homemade fiver under $10,000.00
    ... saying they built it themselves. ... you are spending "opportunity cost". ... and the labor was far more (plus he had his wife working on ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)