Re: helpppppppppppppppppppppppp!for design timer

From: Robert C Monsen (rcsurname_at_comcast.net)
Date: 07/29/04

    Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 01:32:14 GMT

    right(http://www.tarrypin.dail.pipex.com/images/555Timingchain-yar.gif
    )
    > > and I this component for each 555
    > >
    > > pin1----gnd
    > > pin2----10k resistance&in4148diode&connect to the next 555 pin 3
    > > pin3----connect to a coil relay
    > > pin4----connect to pin8
    > > pin5----connect to 0.01 uf ceramic capacitor(the capacitor in
    between
    > > pin 5 &gnd)
    > > pin6----connect to 1000 uf&25volt electrolytic(polar)(the negative
    leg
    > > is connected to gnd)&39k ohm connected in between pin6 & pin7
    > > pin7----connect to 1 M ohm variable resistance in between pin
    7&pin 8
    > > pin 8----connect to the vcc (the power supply is 12volt adapter)
    > >

    > > I want any help
    > >

    > > thank you YAR
    >

    > Can't find your site and in a first impression the description of
    your
    > circuit does not look well. My firtst question is, what triggers the
    first
    > timer the first time? The moment the first timer has been triggered
    you can
    > always trigger the next one on the falling edge of its predecessor.
    The same
    > problem occurs when some disturbance resets the whole circuit. So
    you have
    > to provide a watchdog timer, a retriggerable monostable that
    preferably is
    > triggered by all four other timers. Once the triggering of this
    timer stops
    > due to lack of activity, it times out and the falling edge has to
    trigger
    > the first timer again. This watchdog timer has also to be triggered
    a first
    > time. This can be done by the power on reset. A more reliable
    approach is
    > using a slow astable. This can be reset by one or more of the four
    timers
    > all the time. When this resetting stops, the astable will produce u
    pulse
    > that can be used to trigger the first timer again.
    >
    > I should not use 555s for this circuit but CMOS timers like the
    4538.

    > petrus bitbyter

    I think a 555 is OK for this. Just trigger off of the falling edge of
    the prior retriggerable monostable, which is simple to do with a cap,
    resistor, and diode. Have a circle of these, with the timeout
    controllable by a pot.

    The first one can be started with a pushbutton to ground, which will
    override the trigger input.

    Another way would be to use an analog switch and a 4017 to switch in
    different resistors on a single 555.

    Regards,
     Bob Monsen

    • Re: helpppppppppppppppppppppppp!for design timer
      ... > resistance)then point two disconect and point three is connect ... my problem is how can make the first circuit triger the ... The moment the first timer has been triggered you can ... always trigger the next one on the falling edge of its predecessor. ...
      (sci.electronics.basics)
    • Re: Triggring a 555 timer in monostable mode with a compartor output
      ... timer in a monostable configuration with the supply voltage at 7 ... comparator at 7 volts, the output of the 555 timer is high instead of ... prior trigger or when ever the threshold reaches the 2/3 Vcc level. ...
      (sci.electronics.basics)
    • Re: Triggring a 555 timer in monostable mode with a compartor output
      ... timer in a monostable configuration with the supply voltage at 7 ... comparator at 7 volts, the output of the 555 timer is high instead of ...     It would be nice to know what kind of comparator you are actually ... in the low state is simply turning on the trigger and setting the output ...
      (sci.electronics.basics)
    • Re: Triggring a 555 timer in monostable mode with a compartor output
      ... timer in a monostable configuration with the supply voltage at 7 ... comparator at 7 volts, the output of the 555 timer is high instead of ... The Trigger input requires a pull to common of 1/3 of VCC or less to ...
      (sci.electronics.basics)
    • Re: hardware triggerable one-shot with 80c167
      ... Set the timer to zero, waiting to count to 1 when the trigger event occurs ... In the ISR triggered by the compare event, set a new compare event to the ... It'd take a bit more thought if you needed the pulse to be re-triggerable. ...
      (comp.arch.embedded)