Re: Newbie on Electricity

"Genesis8548" <Genesis8548@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:irOdndXRqrrEsSjfRVn_vg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Can anyone tell me if I should start studying on BASIC PRINCIPLES OF
> ELECTRICITY or jump to VOLTAGE, CURRENT, POWER, ENERGY?
>
> Or the voltage, current, power, and energy a part of the Basic
> Principles of Electricity?
>
> Need a reply ASAP...... I'm doing a self-study at home since I can't
> go to school yet due to financial problems..... :cry:

Don't jump.

  • Re: what happens to reflected energy ?
    ... passed there is no power flowing in the line. ... Choose an arbitrary point on the line and observe the voltage. ... The energy flowing at this point on the line will ... a forward wave defined by Vf=If*Z0, ...
    (rec.radio.amateur.antenna)
  • Re: Where does it go? (mismatched power)
    ... happens to the reflected energy. ... When two wavefronts superpose to zero indefinitely, ... this power 'goes'." ... tracking the voltage and current. ...
    (rec.radio.amateur.antenna)
  • TLVis1
    ... The display shows various quantities (voltage, current, power, or energy) as a function of position along the line -- the source end is to the left and the load end to the right. ... Demo 1 shows the combined forward and combined reverse traveling voltage and current waves, ...
    (rec.radio.amateur.antenna)
  • Re: Standing-Wave Current vs Traveling-Wave Current
    ... My assumption is that the input impedance matches the impedance of the line. ... one in which the mismatch was infinite (perfect voltage source at the input) and one in which the voltage reflection coefficient at the source was 0.5. ... will be applied over that time period so the amount of energy on the line is equal to the amount of energy contained in the power applied over time by two half waves, so total power applied is 2 * initial power. ...
    (rec.radio.amateur.antenna)