Re: Capacitor V vs SV

Which capacitor can handle a higher voltage, a capacitor rated at 300V or a
capacitor rated at 300SV? If SV means surge volts that would lead me to
believe that the maximum peak voltage before failure would be 300 volts. If
that is true what is the peak voltage a capacitor rated for 300 volts can
sustain?

  • Re: telephone rings at night
    ... I measured the voltage myself. ... With no phones off-hook, I just got 43 volts DC. ... DC, combined with the DC, had a peak voltage slightly over twice the DC ... Don Klipstein ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: He who laugh last, laughs loudest, was Re: Wet your pants funny-- A.J. as an EE
    ... if you look at the LM675 spec sheet it shows 90db of power supply ... If the power supply voltage varies ... going to get 60 volts peak-to-peak out, which is about 20 volts RMS ... So this added resistor has used up all the IC's power ...
    (rec.audio.tubes)
  • Re: PMOS in parallel with NMOS
    ... Connect 5 volts directly to the emitter. ... The 0 volts on the base is provided by a microcontroller pin. ... happens to come from an LM7805 voltage regulator. ... I am not as worried about the LEDs as I am the MCU. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Laughing even louder at the "engineers", thanks Old Hack Re: He who laugh last, laughs loudest, was
    ... if you look at the LM675 spec sheet it shows 90db of power supply ... If the power supply voltage varies ... going to get 60 volts peak-to-peak out, which is about 20 volts RMS ... So this added resistor has used up all the IC's power ...
    (rec.audio.tubes)
  • Re: P2B-DS and generic slotkets
    ... The slockets are labeled "Cpu Card ... processors are requesting 2.0 volts instead of 1.65 volts. ... If R3 is a 56 ohm resistor, ... With regard to the voltage being requested, ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)