Capacitor notation

I have two capacitors lying here, with the following inscriptions:
http://www.hucker.plus.com/temp/caps.jpg

One is blue and circular and reads:

102K
2KV

The other is green and a rounded rectangular shape and reads:

104K100V

The blue one reads approx 1nF on my meter, the green one reads approx 100nF.

This makes sense if you take the three numbers (102 or 104) read the same way as resistors - 1, 0, then 2 (or 4) zeroes. I.e. 1000 or 100000, and the units to be pF. So what does the K mean? I originally thought it was a multiplier (1000), but it seems unnecessary, unless the units without the K are in fF!

Also, what is the B on the blue one? I asssume it's not to indicate the colour ;-)

Jack and Jill went up the hill
And planned to do some kissing.
Jack made a pass, and grabbed her ass
Now two of his teeth are missing.

  • Re: Capacitor notation
    ... Peter Hucker wrote: ... One is blue and circular and reads: ... The other is green and a rounded rectangular shape and reads: ... The blue one reads approx 1nF on my meter, the green one reads approx 100nF. ...
    (sci.electronics.basics)
  • Re: Capacitor notation
    ... Peter Hucker wrote: ... One is blue and circular and reads: ... The other is green and a rounded rectangular shape and reads: ... The blue one reads approx 1nF on my meter, the green one reads approx 100nF. ...
    (sci.electronics.basics)
  • Re: Capacitor notation
    ... Peter Hucker wrote: ... One is blue and circular and reads: ... The other is green and a rounded rectangular shape and reads: ... The blue one reads approx 1nF on my meter, the green one reads approx 100nF. ...
    (sci.electronics.basics)
  • Re: Securing inside a tube
    ... Diameters range from 114mm - 202mm ... The device itself is circular and lightweight, approx 2kg in weight ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)
  • Re: Evenings drawing out
    ... earliest sunset is approx 13 December. ... Latest sunrise about 31 December ... Jack ... Prev by Date: ...
    (uk.sci.weather)