Re: Transformer Help

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 09:55:44 GMT, Jim Douglas
<james.douglas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

John Fields wrote:
On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 15:39:45 GMT, Jim Douglas
<james.douglas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am looking to replace a transformer for a rechargeable razor which was
plugged into 220V by accident, not me the kid. It's marked

File:0326-3501-01
I/P 120V O/P 3.8V 110mA

Gooogle showed little and searching Mouser and a couple of others didn't
find anything even close?

Any help is appreciated. I still have to run to the local surplus
electronics store but they are closed today!

That's not a transformer, it's a power supply with a 120VAC input
and a 3.8VDC output which can supply 110mA into a 34.5 ohm load.
(Your razor.)

What does it look like and how does it connect to your razor?

Looks like a transformer..1" square, red input wires(120v), black
,read out wires, there is nothing else, no diodes, etc...

red input wires go into the top section, red/black come from bottom.

It sits inside the recharger and it's only external parts is this
"transformer" a resistor and a small led to indicate power..........

---
There has to be at least one diode in there, somewhere, in order to
get the DC to charge the battery.

My suggestion is to either get a replacement "transformer" from the
manufacturer or to replace the charger.

--
JF
.