Re: Transformer Help

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 09:55:44 GMT, Jim Douglas
<james.douglas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

John Fields wrote:
On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 15:39:45 GMT, Jim Douglas
<james.douglas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am looking to replace a transformer for a rechargeable razor which was
plugged into 220V by accident, not me the kid. It's marked

I/P 120V O/P 3.8V 110mA

Gooogle showed little and searching Mouser and a couple of others didn't
find anything even close?

Any help is appreciated. I still have to run to the local surplus
electronics store but they are closed today!

That's not a transformer, it's a power supply with a 120VAC input
and a 3.8VDC output which can supply 110mA into a 34.5 ohm load.
(Your razor.)

What does it look like and how does it connect to your razor?

Looks like a transformer..1" square, red input wires(120v), black
,read out wires, there is nothing else, no diodes, etc...

red input wires go into the top section, red/black come from bottom.

It sits inside the recharger and it's only external parts is this
"transformer" a resistor and a small led to indicate power..........

There has to be at least one diode in there, somewhere, in order to
get the DC to charge the battery.

My suggestion is to either get a replacement "transformer" from the
manufacturer or to replace the charger.