Re: 240V Control Transformer issue

none none wrote:

Sweet.
I got this transformer from Fry's and intend to make a power supply with a 1-12V 1-3 amp spec using digital volt & ammmeter for the displays and have it variable current and voltage. Seems much more fun than buying one.

Well lets see now..
your average peaks should be around 16.9 volts at the
filter caps.
Don't expect to source must current when looking for
12 volts.
I don't know what kind of regulator you plan on using
but!, you should have some more voltage than that if
you plan on a linear type.
I suppose you could make you're self a smps (switch mode power supply), with proper regulation you could most likely get it stabilized
some what in the ripple region.

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5

.