Re: 240V Control Transformer issue

none none wrote:

Sweet.
I got this transformer from Fry's and intend to make a power supply with a 1-12V 1-3 amp spec using digital volt & ammmeter for the displays and have it variable current and voltage. Seems much more fun than buying one.

Well lets see now..
your average peaks should be around 16.9 volts at the
filter caps.
Don't expect to source must current when looking for
12 volts.
I don't know what kind of regulator you plan on using
but!, you should have some more voltage than that if
you plan on a linear type.
I suppose you could make you're self a smps (switch mode power supply), with proper regulation you could most likely get it stabilized
some what in the ripple region.

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5

  • Re: He who laugh last, laughs loudest, was Re: Wet your pants funny-- A.J. as an EE
    ... if you look at the LM675 spec sheet it shows 90db of power supply ... If the power supply voltage varies ... going to get 60 volts peak-to-peak out, which is about 20 volts RMS ... So this added resistor has used up all the IC's power ...
    (rec.audio.tubes)
  • Re: PMOS in parallel with NMOS
    ... Connect 5 volts directly to the emitter. ... The 0 volts on the base is provided by a microcontroller pin. ... happens to come from an LM7805 voltage regulator. ... I am not as worried about the LEDs as I am the MCU. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Laughing even louder at the "engineers", thanks Old Hack Re: He who laugh last, laughs loudest, was
    ... if you look at the LM675 spec sheet it shows 90db of power supply ... If the power supply voltage varies ... going to get 60 volts peak-to-peak out, which is about 20 volts RMS ... So this added resistor has used up all the IC's power ...
    (rec.audio.tubes)
  • Re: P2B-DS and generic slotkets
    ... The slockets are labeled "Cpu Card ... processors are requesting 2.0 volts instead of 1.65 volts. ... If R3 is a 56 ohm resistor, ... With regard to the voltage being requested, ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: overvoltage
    ... I thought a surge protector handled that. ... I know if I have an over-voltage problem? ... Examples such as 136 volts on the 120 ... What is its let-through voltage? ...
    (alt.home.repair)