How hot should NiMH's get in the charger

New subscriber here.

I have a set of Sony AA size NiMH's that are the original batteries
which came with the charger. Upon charging for a couple hours, they
are almost too hot to hold in my hand.

Normal? Safe? Advice?

Second question: Is there any reason to fear using other brands of
NiMH's in the same charger?

  • How to tell bad NiMH AA batteries
    ... I bought eight Sony 2300mah batteries and a Camelion *intelligent* ... The charger charges each battery individually and has an LCD ... I tried charging the eight Sony 2300mah batteries in the NiMH charger ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: How hot should NiMHs get in the charger
    ... I have a set of Sony AA size NiMH's that are the original batteries ... Upon charging for a couple hours, ... NiMH's in the same charger? ...
    (sci.electronics.basics)
  • Re: Question re Sony DSC W5
    ... > charger which can take 4 hours or more to finish charging or the 1 ... I occasionally use the Energizer 30 minute charger, ... The Sony which came with the camera takes 6 hours to charge, ... don't know yet what my pattern of taking pictures will be. ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: How to tell bad NiMH AA batteries
    ... Buy a "cheap" fast charger and forget all this gizmos. ... batteries are gone when you take a fewer and fewer pictures with the fully ... > display which shows the charging status on each battery. ... > the charger labelled all the eight Sony batteries as "BAD". ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: MFJ-259Z
    ... I checked the voltage on the two pins. ... I checked the voltage coming from the charger and its 18 volts. ... I checked the voltage from the + side to the - side of the battery pack ... jumper inside the unit is on for charging. ...
    (rec.radio.amateur.antenna)