Re: Home made AC-AC power supply question

"Clubsprint" <spamspamspamspam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

What kind of device are you powering and what was its original power
source?

The device I'm wanting to power is a Rocktron Chameleon Pre-amp. It says
9v AC 2.5 Amp
on the back. But the manual says 2.0amp.
http://www.rocktron.com/site/support/manuals/chameleon.pdf.zip
Do you think I should look for something larger? Maybe 3A?

Let's see...

It's a preamplifier, so its power consumption is not going to vary much.

Can you supply it with power and see how much current it actually draws,
using an AC ammeter? I have no idea whether to believe the manual or the
panel markings.

Thanks for the advice on the fuse.

Glad to be of service!

  • Re: small battery
    ... Wanting to power this device from ... an small battery. ...
    (sci.electronics.repair)
  • Re: small battery
    ... Wanting to power this device from ... an small battery. ... Are we having fun yet? ...
    (sci.electronics.repair)
  • Re: Banned from riding to school... not quite what you think
    ... How exacly can they control your behaviour outside of school? ... understand them not wanting you riding on the site, ... property what power do they have? ...
    (rec.sport.unicycling)
  • Liberals are complete morons, example no# 295325
    ... the urban elitist new age liberal scum were screeching ... not wanting to live next to power lines, ... Zap forward. ...
    (alt.politics)
  • Re: LCD TV repair question
    ... television will power on and work fine however more often when i ... A tv set is comprised of circuit modular sections - this fault sounds like something intermittant in the power supply or could be failure in the backlight and the PSU shutting down to save stress damage to itself and other components. ... Be serious and straight about wanting it fixed, don't make the focus of the conversation about wanting a "free estimate". ...
    (uk.tech.tv.video.pvr)