Re: Question: Can laptop run off 12v deep cycle battery?

On Jun 12, 7:25 am, James Beck <j...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In article <a4890dcb-373f-4ccb-947e-9c7313ec5563
@m36g2000hse.googlegroups.com>, pixs...@xxxxxxxx says...> On the road, a Dell laptop's AC-to-DC adaptor is powered by a 75W
inverter plugged into the car's cigarette lighter recepticle. Is there
any way aboard a small boat (using Radio Shack parts) a direct power
supply from 12v deep cycle battery to computer can be rigged up
without utilizing the inverter and the charging capabilities of the
Dell power brick? Default DC to the computer is 19.5V - 3.34A

Anything is possible, if you want to throw enough money at the problem.
Why not get one of those rechargeable power boxes that has the inverter
built in and use it to power the 'brick'? That way you can use it for
MORE than just your laptop.

Or for a DIY solution, two 6V, 7A-hr batteries in series (Home Depot
has 'em in the lighting section, about $20 ea.) plus a 100W 12VDC
inverter. Throw in a pretty box (with radiation hazard logo!) and a
9VDC wall-wart (to charge the batteries - don't ever exceed 15V!!) and
you're in business.

Michael

  • Re: All San Diego Without Electric Power
    ... Non-rechargeable cells will hold more power than a rechargeable ... I have a large RV deep cycle battery that is kept on ... a charge maintainer..... ... The little hockey puck lights are for just until I get to other lights. ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: Generator for home backup
    ... I have a question as to what type of generator would be good for home ... regular vs a $3,400 inverter model which is very significant being ... power without issues. ... You can pick them up for nothing with dead batteries and hook them to a deep cycle battery if you want a cheap inverter. ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: Holiday plans?
    ... Look on the Sony power supply that is on the cord and see what it is ... power hungry USB powered devices... ... but not so good for car tires... ... I've seen that uses a boat deep cycle battery in a large plastic ...
    (rec.aviation.piloting)
  • Re: Convert 12-14 vdc to 9 vdc for a device only needing 0.3ma...
    ... the power consumption very much? ... 12V 115AH deep cycle battery and measure the voltage of said* ... integrating (perhaps even weighting a higher current draw as more than ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Question: Can laptop run off 12v deep cycle battery?
    ... without utilizing the inverter and the charging capabilities of the ... Dell power brick? ... Why not get one of those rechargeable power boxes that has the inverter ...
    (sci.electronics.basics)