Re: Why is Vbc = Vbe - Vce ?

<jalbers@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:d0d4a3fb-fdcf-41f7-8aeb-983a0eff1e6d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have seen in various places the equation Vbc = Vbe - Vce for NPN and
PNP transistors. It may seem obvious to others but I just don't see
how this is true. Could someone please throw me a bone? Thanks

Vce = Vcb + Vbe

Vcb = Vce - Vbe

Vbc = Vbe - Vce

Polarity is important.

  • Why is Vbc = Vbe - Vce ?
    ... I have seen in various places the equation Vbc = Vbe - Vce for NPN and ... PNP transistors. ...
    (sci.electronics.basics)
  • Re: Why is Vbc = Vbe - Vce ?
    ... NPN and ... PNP transistors. ... Vbe | | ...
    (sci.electronics.basics)
  • Re: FETs Vesus Bipolars, Why More Efficient?
    ... hook things up in a common-emitter config and then extrapolate the Ic versus Vce ... Either constant Ib or constant Vbe may be used here. ... Ic for two slightly different Vbc values, the Va value can be computed by ... When Va is inherently large for the BJT, these techniques can ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • BJT EM1 model
    ... Vbe are probably obvious and I can compute Vce = Vbe - Vbc. ... Icc = 1.4754e-3 ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Why is Vbc = Vbe - Vce ?
    ... one part of that stack is the base-emitter junction (Vbe). ... the other part of that stack is the base-collector junction (Vbc). ... Add them together and you have the total stack voltage (Vce), ...
    (sci.electronics.basics)