Re: Can DC voltage be doubled to drive 10 V relay ?

<SidErraytor@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Have some cheap 10 volt relays. My project will consist of 74HCT
gates supplied by 5 volts.
Is there any way of doubling 5 volts DC ?
Otherwise I'll need a power supply that supplies multiple voltages.

Dave WB3DWE

Where are you getting your 5 volts from, batteries or ac supply?
If it is an ac supply, go back to before your 5 volt regulator and check the
voltage,
is it close to 10 volts? If it is, use it.
If it's only 6.5 or 7 volts, you then you might need to go to the
tranformer and
build a voltage doubler to get voltage for your relay. Someone will need to
draw this out because there might be some interaction between your existing
5 volt supply rectifier and the new voltage doubler circuit.
Later, Mike

  • Re: He who laugh last, laughs loudest, was Re: Wet your pants funny-- A.J. as an EE
    ... if you look at the LM675 spec sheet it shows 90db of power supply ... If the power supply voltage varies ... going to get 60 volts peak-to-peak out, which is about 20 volts RMS ... So this added resistor has used up all the IC's power ...
    (rec.audio.tubes)
  • Re: PMOS in parallel with NMOS
    ... Connect 5 volts directly to the emitter. ... The 0 volts on the base is provided by a microcontroller pin. ... happens to come from an LM7805 voltage regulator. ... I am not as worried about the LEDs as I am the MCU. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Laughing even louder at the "engineers", thanks Old Hack Re: He who laugh last, laughs loudest, was
    ... if you look at the LM675 spec sheet it shows 90db of power supply ... If the power supply voltage varies ... going to get 60 volts peak-to-peak out, which is about 20 volts RMS ... So this added resistor has used up all the IC's power ...
    (rec.audio.tubes)
  • Re: P2B-DS and generic slotkets
    ... The slockets are labeled "Cpu Card ... processors are requesting 2.0 volts instead of 1.65 volts. ... If R3 is a 56 ohm resistor, ... With regard to the voltage being requested, ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: overvoltage
    ... I thought a surge protector handled that. ... I know if I have an over-voltage problem? ... Examples such as 136 volts on the 120 ... What is its let-through voltage? ...
    (alt.home.repair)