Re: Scrolling encoder and push switch (like Creative Jukebox [tm])

From: Dave Platt (dplatt_at_radagast.org)
Date: 06/29/04

Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 17:41:46 -0000

>I'm looking for a source for the above type of encoder.
>
>Basically it's a serrated wheel (like the volume knob on a miniature
>radio) but with detent stops.
>
>In normal use, the wheel will generate a quaderature(?) output but
>with additional pressure, the switch function is made.
>
>Any pointers gratefully received.

Grayhill series 62A optical rotary encoder, 32 positions per
revolution, with mechanical detents, with pushbutton-switch function.
Grayhill #62A11-02-020S (2" cable) or -050S (5" cable). Available
from Digi-Key.

I don't think you'll like the price.

Mechanical encoders (with contacts rather than optoelectronics) are a
good deal less expensive, but I don't know of any which have the
pushbutton function. Cherry might make one, perhaps.

--
Dave Platt <dplatt@radagast.org>                                   AE6EO