TVR 10241 capacitor ???

From: BigBadger (big_badger_at_NOSPAM.com)
Date: 07/06/04

Date: 6 Jul 2004 19:32:09 GMT

Hi,
I've been given a friends PC Power supply to repair. It's a Enermax EG651
(550W) model. It was damaged when he plugged it into a 240V supply while
the voltage select switch was on 115V (Doh!!).

Anyway a quick visual shows that two large ceramic disk capacitors are
blown. The capacitors are mounted next to where the wire from the voltage
select switch joins the pcb. They are marked Z1 and Z2 on the pcb and TVR
10241 on the components themselves, they are about 10mm diameter.

Does anyone know what rating these are?

Also if anyone knows what further damege may have been done (hopefully none
)

Replace 'NOSPAM' with 'btinternet' to reply to my email.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: 240V conversion
    ... Phil Allison wrote: ... USA items are intended for a 120V, 60Hz supply while Japanese ones are for 100V, 50Hz. ... The modifications involve removing or shifting PCB links, altering QC connectors or rewiring the supply side leads to the AC tranny - PLUS changing fuses and the AC plug to the Aussie version. ... I reorganised the four QCs according to a pattern drawn on the PCB and used a variac to raise the voltage. ...
    (sci.electronics.repair)
  • Re: The ohnosecond
    ... I know that 7500V/inch is a good rule for long term voltage gradient on a PCB but I can't find a good reference for a rule for shorter amounts of time. ... ADC board that will have ranges down into the millivolts, and a couple tens of picoamperes of leakage into a critical node will gobble up our error budget. ... If the guard trace is on layer 1, under the solder mask, and leakage ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Tempest monitor issue
    ... Without a cabinet or PCB to swap around, ... problems could cause your monitor not to operate. ... And what do you mean by heater voltage? ... that would solve my issue but the game still plays blind. ...
    (rec.games.video.arcade.collecting)
  • Re: Ikari Warriors, JAMMA version
    ... The led's on the pcb are power indicators, when they both light up you are ... getting the proper amount of voltage to the pcb if only one is lit you ether ... I searched around and couldn't find a manual for the jamma version, ... longer have my jamma IW pcb to check the volume pot position. ...
    (rec.games.video.arcade.collecting)
  • Re: PCB of garage door opener failed: Which PIC is this?
    ... caused the voltage to rise, ... right pin and the centre pin. ... today I again tracked down in the garage the path where the bulb ... When you look at the backside of the PCB, ...
    (sci.electronics.repair)