Its always bothered me to address

a simple low speed , serial device .

Its LUDDITE STUPID !!

They could have built them to

boot w/o addressing .....

and better !

There's enuf pins to use 2 pins to

be jumpered on the board to select

which boot block to boot , w/o addressing .

I'm building a UART loader .

The EEPROM will establish comm

by sending all the right stuff to an ARM

MCU and then continue on with loading

a program to the ARM .

No, it doesn't exist.... what about processors that vector to FFFF and go
downwards????

  • EEPROM boots w/o addressing
    ... Simple, low cost, EEPROM, that ... which boot block to boot, ... The EEPROM will establish comm ... by sending all the right stuff to an ARM ...
    (sci.electronics.components)
  • Re: Satellite receiver Echostar DVR-5000 wont boot.....Help please
    ... One of the problems is that the Echostar DVR-5000 was not produced in any great numbers and the manufacturer or distibutor has ceased making or supporting their satellite receivers. ... I haven't managed to find ANY forum support for this receiver....and believe me I have looked. ... Even if I could get my hands on a "new" eeprom, it would be alittle rsiky trying to change it since it is SMD. ... If there is a "boot" eeprom somewhere it is likely to be difficult to change ...
    (sci.electronics.repair)
  • flashing problems
    ... Some time ago I flashed into the EEPROM e vxWorks image using appupd. ... to be able to boot the kernel and my application from the network... ...
    (comp.os.vxworks)
  • Re: Help with replacing the boot drive with Solstice DiskSuite
    ... Here's my complet eeprom settings as of now: ... >> intervention to boot. ... >> I can now type boot rootdisk at the OK prompt and the server boots fine, ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Problems Booting TMS320VC5509A from serial EEPROM
    ... I can successfully boot from USB. ... EEPROM and it appears that the data is being stored in it correctly. ... EEPROMS but no luck. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)