Does it exist ?

Its always bothered me to address

a simple low speed , serial device .

They could have built them to

boot w/o addressing .....

and better !

There's enuf pins to use 2 pins to

be jumpered on the board to select

which boot block to boot , w/o addressing .

I'm building a UART loader .

The EEPROM will establish comm

by sending all the right stuff to an ARM

MCU and then continue on with loading

a program to the ARM .

No, it doesn't exist.... what about processors that vector to FFFF and go

Relevant Pages

  • EEPROM boots w/o addressing
    ... Simple, low cost, EEPROM, that ... which boot block to boot, ... The EEPROM will establish comm ... by sending all the right stuff to an ARM ...
  • Re: Satellite receiver Echostar DVR-5000 wont boot.....Help please
    ... One of the problems is that the Echostar DVR-5000 was not produced in any great numbers and the manufacturer or distibutor has ceased making or supporting their satellite receivers. ... I haven't managed to find ANY forum support for this receiver....and believe me I have looked. ... Even if I could get my hands on a "new" eeprom, it would be alittle rsiky trying to change it since it is SMD. ... If there is a "boot" eeprom somewhere it is likely to be difficult to change ...
  • flashing problems
    ... Some time ago I flashed into the EEPROM e vxWorks image using appupd. ... to be able to boot the kernel and my application from the network... ...
  • Re: Help with replacing the boot drive with Solstice DiskSuite
    ... Here's my complet eeprom settings as of now: ... >> intervention to boot. ... >> I can now type boot rootdisk at the OK prompt and the server boots fine, ...
  • Problems Booting TMS320VC5509A from serial EEPROM
    ... I can successfully boot from USB. ... EEPROM and it appears that the data is being stored in it correctly. ... EEPROMS but no luck. ...