Re: EEprom writing

"Joe.G" <joe.g@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:4255422c$0$12159$afc38c87@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Ramtron has FRAM which has "no delay writes" (actuall 72nS I think).
>
> The have are mostly drop in I2c compatable with 24cxx eerpoms... part
> no
> FM24Cxx.
>
> www.ramtron.com
>
> JG
> "Enzo" <ternavasio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> I use the I2C bus for writing/reding eeprom 24Cxx, with 8051 Micro
>> family.
>>
>> When i write to it, i have to wait a lot of time, otherwise nothing is
>> written.
>>
>> It seems i follow the correct signals sequence, but i cannot get out of
> this
>> delay.
>>
>> Is there someone that has experience ?
>>
>> Enzo
Also, the delay is the same to write one byte, as to write a 'block'. Most
of the chips support 16 byte or more 'block write' mode, so you can save a
lot of time if moving big amounts of data, by using the block write
feature.
You can also verify whether the write has finished by doing a 'start',
sending a command, and checking for ack. This allows the delay to reduce
in some cirumstances (the write time changes with temperature, voltage
etc.).
The FRAMs are great though. I have used these for a couple of years on
various projects, and they are a godsend where you don't want the delays.

Best Wishes

  • Re: Checking for SQL Injection
    ... waitfor delay. ... (waitfor delay). ... the vid as the injection point. ... But to verify this you need to know ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: [SLE] Long wait for Konqueror
    ... >> If the delay is not accompanied by high CPU consumption, ... You should verify that all the resources on the page in question are ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: problems with I2c
    ... I'm having some problems using i2c to write to an eeprom, ... It is probably a delay issue. ... Writing 1 bytes takes like 10 msec ... If you want to verify this is your problem, add like 10 or 20 msec of ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: DummyNet : Latency accuracy
    ... ernestsiu@yahoo.com (Ernest Siu) writes: ... > How do I verify on the host side on the actual delay? ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • Re: Camera suggestions for RR pics
    ... The most important feature is that there is no delay between the shutter ... we have been happy with our Z-1, with one exception which is why I ... My camera dealer says this is common to the Z-1. ...
    (rec.models.railroad)