Re: OT: Copying text from a PDF
- From: Terry Pinnell <terrypinDELETE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 08:40:34 +0100
Rich Grise <richgrise@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Click "Download" to get to http://www.foolabs.com/xpdf/download.html ,
>then scroll down to "Precompiled binaries" and it's probably either
>xpdf-3.00pl3-win32.zip (1142558 bytes) for Win32 or
>xpdf-3.00pl3-dos6.zip (1775202 bytes) for DOS.
[snip useful extract]
Thanks, got it, and it works a treat. Particularly impressed with its
speed. Glad you introduced me to it.
Mind you, I'm never too keen on leaving the GUI and getting into a DOS
Command Prompt window <g>. Seem to be two ways of doing it:
1) Open the DOS window in the XPDF program folder and then (assuming
defaults are OK) enter:
pdftotext "D:\long path\probably with some blanks\so needs
2) Open the DOS window in the folder containing the PDF file and
"D:\Program Files\xpdf-3.00pl3\pdftotext" filename.pdf
Am I right? Any other methods?
Hobbyist, West Sussex, UK
- Prev by Date: Re: Inductor arrangement for boosting low-voltage piezo drive
- Next by Date: Re: Flyback regulator / transformer problems.
- Previous by thread: Re: OT: Copying text from a PDF
- Next by thread: Re: OT: Copying text from a PDF