Re: OT: Copying text from a PDF

Rich Grise <richgrise@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Click "Download" to get to http://www.foolabs.com/xpdf/download.html ,
>then scroll down to "Precompiled binaries" and it's probably either
>xpdf-3.00pl3-win32.zip (1142558 bytes) for Win32 or
>xpdf-3.00pl3-dos6.zip (1775202 bytes) for DOS.
[snip useful extract]

>Good Luck!
>Rich

Thanks, got it, and it works a treat. Particularly impressed with its
speed. Glad you introduced me to it.

Mind you, I'm never too keen on leaving the GUI and getting into a DOS
Command Prompt window <g>. Seem to be two ways of doing it:

1) Open the DOS window in the XPDF program folder and then (assuming
defaults are OK) enter:

pdftotext "D:\long path\probably with some blanks\so needs
quotes\filename.pdf"

2) Open the DOS window in the folder containing the PDF file and
enter:

"D:\Program Files\xpdf-3.00pl3\pdftotext" filename.pdf

Am I right? Any other methods?

--
Terry Pinnell
Hobbyist, West Sussex, UK