Re: OT: Copying text from a PDF

Rich Grise <richgrise@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Click "Download" to get to http://www.foolabs.com/xpdf/download.html ,
>then scroll down to "Precompiled binaries" and it's probably either
>xpdf-3.00pl3-win32.zip (1142558 bytes) for Win32 or
>xpdf-3.00pl3-dos6.zip (1775202 bytes) for DOS.
[snip useful extract]

>Good Luck!
>Rich

Thanks, got it, and it works a treat. Particularly impressed with its
speed. Glad you introduced me to it.

Mind you, I'm never too keen on leaving the GUI and getting into a DOS
Command Prompt window <g>. Seem to be two ways of doing it:

1) Open the DOS window in the XPDF program folder and then (assuming
defaults are OK) enter:

pdftotext "D:\long path\probably with some blanks\so needs
quotes\filename.pdf"

2) Open the DOS window in the folder containing the PDF file and
enter:

"D:\Program Files\xpdf-3.00pl3\pdftotext" filename.pdf

Am I right? Any other methods?

--
Terry Pinnell
Hobbyist, West Sussex, UK

  • Re: Renaming multiple files???
    ... Rich Grise wrote in message ... I vaguely remember, in DOS, that I could type: ... Sure - just boot Linux, ... electronic hints and repair briefs, ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: 89C51ED2
    ... Rich Grise wrote: ... You do like to take risks! ... DOS is the only stable product ever to come from Microsoft. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: OT: Desktop icons vanishing. How to get rid of them?
    ... Rich Grise wrote: ... They stole it from Digital ... They bought it in. ... DR DOS was something else entirely. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Compilation fusturation!!
    ... Ah...yes, I did re-extract it, and there is output, but the DOS window ... The dos prompt in MS OS's is a PITA IMHO. ... Copying Microsoft Makefile - Makefile.msc to ..\..\src\Makefile. ... 'mingw32-make' is not recognized as an internal or external command, ...
    (rec.games.roguelike.nethack)
  • Re: Go to specific worksheet using command line switches -- Found a way!
    ... Excel worksheet directly from the DOS command line WITHIN a DOS window. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel)