Re: OT: Copying text from a PDF
- From: mroberds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 08:20:40 GMT
Terry Pinnell <terrypinDELETE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Rich Grise <richgrise@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>Click "Download" to get to http://www.foolabs.com/xpdf/download.html ,
>Glad you introduced me to it.
>Am I right? Any other methods?
3 and 4 let you just type "pdftotext" no matter what directory you're
3) Put "D:\Program Files\xpdf-3.00pl3\" in your $PATH.
4) Copy pdftotext.exe to c:\windows or c:\winnt (which are already in
5) Install the "Command Prompt Here" powertoy (Google it) which will
allow you to navigate to the folder in Exploder, then get a command
prompt starting in that directory.
6) format c:, then install Linux or FreeBSD. Caution: this process may