Re: OT: Copying text from a PDF

Terry Pinnell <terrypinDELETE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Rich Grise <richgrise@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>Click "Download" to get to http://www.foolabs.com/xpdf/download.html ,
>>[...]
>
>Glad you introduced me to it.

Ahem...

>Am I right? Any other methods?

3 and 4 let you just type "pdftotext" no matter what directory you're
in:

3) Put "D:\Program Files\xpdf-3.00pl3\" in your $PATH.

4) Copy pdftotext.exe to c:\windows or c:\winnt (which are already in
your $PATH).

5) Install the "Command Prompt Here" powertoy (Google it) which will
allow you to navigate to the folder in Exploder, then get a command
prompt starting in that directory.

6) format c:, then install Linux or FreeBSD. Caution: this process may
lose data.

Matt Roberds

  • Re: OT: Copying text from a PDF
    ... >5) Install the "Command Prompt Here" powertoy which will ... then install Linux or FreeBSD. ... Caution: this process may ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: ntoskrnl.exe
    ... And as another poster ... pointed out learn a bit about the release methodology. ... It really doesn't matter. ... > am I able to be freed from Windows if I can't even install Linux without ...
    (Fedora)
  • It seemed this post would never happen (inside)
    ... I could not get on-line no matter what I tried. ... address, external modem, still no luck. ... Also if I leave for a two week trip and leave Windows ... I used to have DOS command prompt skills but MS seduced ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Re: OT: newsgroups on windows 7
    ... newsreader, but can't get it anymore, or any other reader for that ... matter. ... The pre-installed Norton blocks everything. ... Format the hard drive on that piece of shit, and install Linux. ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox)
  • Windows XP Read only File Attribute
    ... I have a windows XP xp Professional SP1 machine that has a ... No matter how many ... I have used the GUI AND a command prompt ...