Re: 2W from a SOT-223 ?

"Pooh Bear" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:42B86C06.674BAAEC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> SioL wrote:
>
>> How effective is this method in terms of conducting heat to the underside of the PCB?
>
> Suggest you take a look at this.
>
> http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-994.pdf
>
> I think IR may have another app note too but I didn't find it instantly using the site search.
>
> Graham

This one's a keeper, very usefull, thanks!

--
Siol
Rather than a heartless beep

  • Re: 2W from a SOT-223 ?
    ... SioL wrote: ... > How effective is this method in terms of conducting heat to the underside of the PCB? ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: 2W from a SOT-223 ?
    ... > in a similar manner although I use thermal vias to conduct the heat to a ... How effective is this method in terms of conducting heat to the underside of the PCB? ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: 2W from a SOT-223 ?
    ... >> of the PCB? ... >> Berquist insulator between the underside of the PCB and a raised section ... >> Also bear in mind the vias will fill with solder (extra conduction) ... The problem with filling vias with solder is that it ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: 2W from a SOT-223 ?
    ... >> How effective is this method in terms of conducting heat to the underside ... > of the PCB? ... > Also bear in mind the vias will fill with solder (extra conduction) unless ... The problem with filling vias with solder is that it creates uneven ...
    (sci.electronics.design)