Computers for disabled Veterans

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

> A character (S.D.) on another newsgroup has been stalking me online
>for about three years so I had him kill filed and his e-mail addresses
>blocked. Then S.D. started creating new identities about every other
>day to evade everyone's kill filters. I tried to get "News Proxy" to
>work to filter out everything posted from S.D.'s IP address because he
>was creating fake domains with each new identity. Then he started
>posting from Google.
>
> S.D. is supposed to be under his state's mental health care program,
>but they claim its cheaper to do "Home care" rather than proper
>supervision. S.D. saw the link to the website for my project to
>collect, repair and distribute free computers to other disabled veterans
>in the Marion County, Florida area. There are over 40,000 veterans in
>Marion County, and a fair number are 100% disabled and can't afford a
>computer, or to have theirs repaired.
>
> S.D. decided to call the phone number listed on the website which was
>clearly identified as a church and threatened the woman who answered the
>telephone, ranting that "He isn't very Christian" because I didn't reply
>to a kill filtered message S.D. had posted. Then S.D. claimed that the
>Florida State Attorney General was to investigate the church for letting
>people drop off donations for the project, and scared the daylights ot
>of the woman. Then S.D. went to the newsgroup and bragged about making
>the call, and his threat about the Attorney General.
>

> I reported S.D. to the sheriff and filed a report. They are supposed
>to follow up on it, but in the meantime I have removed the link from my
>sigfile. I pray that they put S.D. back in the mental hospital and get
>him under control.
>
> If you are interested in what I am doing, E-mail me and I will send
>you a link to the website. I'm not asking for any donations or support
>online, but I would like to see the idea spread to other areas.
>
>--
>Link to my "Computers for disabled Veterans" project website deleted
>after threats were telephoned to my church.
>
>Michael A. Terrell
>Central Florida

It's reall a shame that a bunch of heroes who defended our country
have to be inconvenienced because of one kook. Normal people react
to being killfiled by moving on; ranting and raving over someone
who simply wishes to be left alone is seriously unbalanced.

I wonder whether a restraining order would help...

  • Re: Deleting temp files
    ... > You're in the Outlook Express newsgroup. ... >> It gave the name of the www. to get the site online. ... >> nothing wrong with the real website as I have another pc and it is ok on ... >> However now this laptop is XP and the Temp folder is quite different. ...
  • Re: thetrainline.com - truly appalling service
    ... will become out of date more or less as soon as it hits the shelves. ... I have no doubt that the book will contain links to the website. ... just those of us on this newsgroup - would have realised that books ... is to be found online. ...
    (uk.railway)
  • Re: AutoNew or AttachAs "name??" to create file name from data
    ... Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my ... Jay about this and he is convinced the code will not execute to kill the file ... Dim Doc As Document ... Dim DocPathName As String ...
    (microsoft.public.word.vba.general)
  • Re: CAT LADY WANTED
    ... I kill a lot of threads myself, ... you would understand....but I will not relate, this is a cat newsgroup ... hit, ... Brits ruled not only the waves, but the airwaves and fashion waves ...
    (rec.pets.cats.anecdotes)
  • Re: Cesar Millan and Robins Comments
    ... It reminded me a lot of a modern day To Kill ... or two to go through the massive journals and work with some online ... activists to help decipher the fake names. ...
    (rec.pets.dogs.behavior)