Re: Linux screwed my XP bootup

On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 16:18:31 +0000, Dirk Bruere <dirk.bruere@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Two HDDs, one with XP and other with Linux.
>I appear to have overwritten the boot stuff on the XP with Linux code.
>How can I recover

Which linux distribution? What boot manager (lilo or grub?)
Try comp.os.linux.setup

  • Re: RH 9.0 doesnt install: blank screen! (RH 8.0 & 7.2 do though)
    ... Tried 'linux text noprobe skipddc noapic apm=off noht'. ... I wanted to try on and so I chose 7 boot options: ... linux text noprobe skipddc lowres apm=off noapic nousb ...
    (linux.redhat.install)
  • Re: installation problems
    ... RH 9 had trashed my Linux partition and rendered my PC unbootable. ... >you can create the floppy from and can be created on a differnet ... >on the CD as the floppy boot image. ... and since flash drives seem to be listed in /proc as scsi devices, ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • RE: Linux hacked
    ... Subject: Linux hacked ... After you boot up into the OS running from CD, ... >> First let me say I'm a security novice. ... >> been unsuccessful in getting root back. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: New to linux..looking for program I can boot and run off CD
    ... >>and he was using a windows os but booted and run Linux programs off a CD. ... >having to do a dual boot thing on my current machine. ... > That would be Knoppix or one of it's derivatives. ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Recover files from NTFS partition with Linux?
    ... I'm trying to recover some files from an unwell XP Pro PC which refuses to ... Ive read that its possible to access and copy files from an NTFS partition ... with a Linux boot disc. ... running Linux to another XP PC via ethernet or to a USB drive. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage)