Re: The squirrel, the fireball, and the explosion

Poppycock. You all missed the symbolism.

The wire is the timeline of man. The moving ball of fire is the
unprecedented acceleration of entropy, with the resulting explosion the
completion of all order to disorder.

The squirrel was actually a mouse which, if you have not yet realized, is in
control of everything.

Moral of the story: always carry a towel.

42.

"sonos" <sonos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> I was watching the news a few months ago. The eye-witness reports:
>
> "There was this fireball that travelled down the wire for about a
> block, and when the fireball reached the transformer, there was this
> explosion."
>
> Authorities blamed a squirrel.
>
> What was the fireball and why did it travel slowly (and not
> instantaneous like lightning) to the transformer?
>
> Was the fireball a 'moving molten short'; the squirrel caused
> the initial short, heating the power wire, melting the wire. The molten
> short then melting down the wire to the transformer where the surge caused
> the explosion? Or was it a plasma ball, attracted to the magnetic pull of
> the transformer and the squirrel was just an innocent bystander?

  • Re: Neon Transformer Question
    ... I paid $40 for a new oil furnace ignition transformer (about 75 watts ... my own transformer from scratch and spent about $100 on magnet wire. ... I'd like to use them that will send meter-long lightening arcs around ... mandrel for the bobbins. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: AC/voltage basic physics questions, please.
    ... positive voltage and one terminal is at a similar but negative voltage ... A cernter-tapped secondary on your pole transformer ... wire service to your home at 120-0-120 volts. ... That gives us three terminals on the side of the ...
    (sci.physics)
  • Re: Why is my amp blowing up?
    ... with a black and a red wire. ... when you apply power. ... An isolation transformer will prevent *some* ... The problem is that once you connect any AC-powered test equipment to ...
    (rec.audio.tubes)
  • Re: The squirrel, the fireball, and the explosion
    ... > block, and when the fireball reached the transformer, there was this ... > What was the fireball and why did it travel slowly (and not ... > the initial short, heating the power wire, melting the wire. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: PAR Electronics EF-SWL Antenna
    ... you have two green wire ends at the left side. ... The transformer reduces the mismatch. ... interference/noise coming from the antenna> receiver's noise level. ... circuit to reduce indoor interference from domestic equipment. ...
    (rec.radio.shortwave)