Re: Soft "varnish" on PC boards?

Ignoramus14946 wrote:
> I have a couple of PC boards from where I want to nicely remove
> components. They are covered in soft "varnish", it has a rubbery
> texture. How could Iremove this varnish?
> thanks
> i

That sounds more like one of the varieties of conformal coating. There
are various removal solvents, but which one you can use depends on the

A pretty universal remover was Freon, and damned fine it as at the task
too, but that's not really available for outdoor use any more ;)
[no eco-shouting please, I am merely making an observation]

You might look in your favourite catalogue and see what is availble
under 'solvents'