Re: Browsing for Magnifying Tools

On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 21:24:12 GMT, D from BC <myrealaddress@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I did some searching for magnification tools for inspection of
homebrew PCB's....

I checked out the toy digital microscope at:
http://www.playdigitalblue.com/products/qx5/info/

I read what the pros are using:
http://groups.google.ca/group/sci.electronics.design/browse_frm/thread/e5b8f232775e6452/9245d771fcc910ac?lnk=st&q=&rnum=9&hl=en#9245d771fcc910ac

Looked at stereo microscopes dental/surgical binoculars on ebay.

Then I discovered a hack-your-digicam website
http://www.hoagieshouse.com/macro/

I have 2 (soon to be 3) solutions;

1. A pair of the cheap magnifying goggles that sit on a head-band and
you can flip up and down, I find they work very well with my normal
prescription specs.

2. A Swift stereo microscope (x10 and x 20) I bought mine from a used
microscope dealer (I Miller) in Philly, he usually has a good range.

3. Soon to be. In Oct 01, "Silicon Chip" published an article on
building one from a cheap digicam, an old SLR lens and PVC waste-pipe
fittings. It looks pretty good.

Barry

  • Re: Browsing for Magnifying Tools
    ... I read what the pros are using: ... Looked at stereo microscopes dental/surgical binoculars on ebay. ... A pair of the cheap magnifying goggles that sit on a head-band and ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Browsing for Magnifying Tools
    ... Looked at stereo microscopes dental/surgical binoculars on ebay. ... A pair of the cheap magnifying goggles that sit on a head-band and ... "Silicon Chip" published an article on ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Browsing for Magnifying Tools
    ... I checked out the toy digital microscope at: ... I read what the pros are using: ... Looked at stereo microscopes dental/surgical binoculars on ebay. ... A pair of the cheap magnifying goggles that sit on a head-band and ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: My new stereo scope.
    ... Stereo microscopes are very useful. ... The Bausch & Lomb Stereozoom 4 is ... abundant on eBay. ...
    (sci.electronics.repair)