Re: Browsing for Magnifying Tools

On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 21:24:12 GMT, D from BC <myrealaddress@xxxxxxxxx>

I did some searching for magnification tools for inspection of
homebrew PCB's....

I checked out the toy digital microscope at:

I read what the pros are using:

Looked at stereo microscopes dental/surgical binoculars on ebay.

Then I discovered a hack-your-digicam website

I have 2 (soon to be 3) solutions;

1. A pair of the cheap magnifying goggles that sit on a head-band and
you can flip up and down, I find they work very well with my normal
prescription specs.

2. A Swift stereo microscope (x10 and x 20) I bought mine from a used
microscope dealer (I Miller) in Philly, he usually has a good range.

3. Soon to be. In Oct 01, "Silicon Chip" published an article on
building one from a cheap digicam, an old SLR lens and PVC waste-pipe
fittings. It looks pretty good.