Re: Load cells / Sensitivity

On Feb 4, 10:15 am, Efthimios <eangelopou...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Feb 4, 1:59 am, hrh1818 <hr...@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Feb 3, 1:35 pm, Efthimios <eangelopou...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

In the specs the load cells sensitivity is given "mV/V" ex: 2mV/V.

How this is translated to force sensitivity, for example: mV/grf?

A load cell sensitivity is stated in terms of its rated full scale
load. An equation for the output would be:

Eout = (Sensitivity/Full scale load) * (Excitation Voltage) * (Applied
Force.)

Example Sensitivity = 2mv/V, Full Scale Load = 5 Kg, Excitation
Voltage = 10 Volts DC, Applied Load = 2.5 Kg

Eout = (2/5)* 10*2.5

Eout = 10 mV DC

Howard

Thanks Haward for the info.

Do you know if load cells/force sensors can pick up vibrations of up
to 1kHz? I can not find in the specs of the cells any info.

Efthimios

Two comments. A Google search on "load cell frequency response"
turned up several links to companies who said they make load cells
with a high frequency response. Only one mentioned an actual number.
That was Honeywell who said their Sensotec Model 11 can have a
frequency response up to 58 kilo hertz. Load ranges vary from 150
grams to 1000 lbs. I expect only load cells at the 150 gram end of
the range can achieve a 58 kilo hertz frequency response and there is
a drop off of the frequency response as the size of the load cell is
increased.

Howard

  • Re: Will a new preamp do me any good in this situation?
    ... I will stand by my statement, the frequency response changes caused by ... changing the loading on a mic can be corrected with EQ. ... electrical damping of a low-impedance load. ... sound clean up drastically when the load impedance is lowered to 500 ohms. ...
    (rec.audio.pro)
  • Re: Load cells / Sensitivity
    ... A Google search on "loadcell frequency response" ... Back when i was using load cells in 100 lbf and 500 lbf ... detect the acoustic signatures that notable in one failure mode. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: OT: baseband video splitters
    ... If the object of the exercise is to achieve a flat frequency response then only one end of the line needs a matched termination, and it can be either end. ... matched load: the source has zero impedance and the load is ... The forward wave now has an amplitude of 0.5 V & 10 mA but since the ... load cannot absorb any current a reflected wave is set up - the ...
    (uk.tech.digital-tv)
  • Re: opamp with 0-5vinput and +/-5v output
    ... value anything in the range of 1K to 100K should not be to extreme? ... will load the output quite a bit when it is trying to pull down to -5 ... The opamp I suggested draws very tiny bias current, so even higher values could work, but stray capacitance starts to interfere with the frequency response. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Load cells....
    ... and get some maximum readouts. ... Google yields a bit of fruit, searching on load cell, load cell ... I designed one, the design for which I will give you for free. ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)