Re: Formula for minimum drive current for mosfet

Its not so simple. I do see that now as I stated in the last post I made.
I thought when they said frequency they meant something else and not the
switchign time. (although you do make it much clearer than they did)

Basically what I'm saying is, is that my drive can supply a surge current of
X, I need to know how much power dissipation this gives. I know ultimately
I'd want to supply as much as possible but, for example, I can't supply 15A
because it has to go through the bjt and then I'll have to worry about power
dissipation in that. (I also don't want to run the BJT's at max to get that
current)

I suppose I could use some other mosfets to drive the gates but seems like
eventually I'll have diminishing returns?

.