Re: LTSpice Error Massage: time step too small

Elk wrote:
Hello,

I try to simulate a circuit, but I always get an error message:

Analysys: time step too small; initial timepoint: trouble with
u3:mm-instance m:u3:1

u3 is a Mosfet IRF4905.

Has anyone an idea how I can solve the problem?

Look for a reason why the circuit might want to oscillate at some insanely high frequency. This sort of thing tends to happen when you have inadvertantly created an unstable numerical problem for the solver. It tries its best and repeatedly decreases the time step to try and get an accurate solution until it gives up.

Regards,
Martin Brown

  • Re: LTSpice Error Massage: time step too small
    ... I try to simulate a circuit, but I always get an error message: ... initial timepoint: trouble with ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: AD698 and fixed output
    ... secondaries) will be AC coupled to the driving waveform. ... circuit and can have surprising effects. ... DC level - might be worht the trouble. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Electrical question - adding a neutral
    ... circuit or must the neutral be the same that is used by this lighting ... Each circuit breaker measures the current on the hot ... you will have trouble if you use another circuit's neutral. ... down the problem and more $$ charged by the electrician. ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Problem with decade counter simulation in multisim9
    ... The circuit is supposed to move a single high bit through the ... I am having trouble with the results i get in the logic analyzer, ... I have attached a link to my ms9 file so if anyone wants to take a look ...
    (sci.electronics.basics)
  • Re: Electrical question - adding a neutral
    ... I recently purchased some motion sensors to control the lights in our ... circuit or must the neutral be the same that is used by this lighting ... you will have trouble if you use another circuit's neutral. ... down the problem and more $$ charged by the electrician. ...
    (alt.home.repair)