Re: Endurance International

On Sep 17, 1:36 am, John Fields <jfie...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've noticed that a lot, if not all, of the Nigerian scams reach my
email via Endurance International and while I've sent headers and
messages to them regarding their irresponsibility in curtailing that
kind of activity, I've received no responses and the shit just keeps
coming through.

If you are so sure that they are rogue why are you accepting anything
relayed from their servers?

I have added various dodgy open relay servers in Korea and Taiwan to
my reject list. Although these days my ISP does a good job of blocking
spam at their external boundary using Cloudmark. Treacle traps are fun
to watch.

What say you all?

Analyse the headers and find a rule to block them whilst still letting
genuine email through.

I can't recall when a Nigerian scam email last arrived here.
You haven't actually fallen for one and ended up on a mugs list have
you?

Regards,
Martin Brown

  • Re: Endurance International
    ... messages to them regarding their irresponsibility in curtailing that ... I have added various dodgy open relay servers in Korea and Taiwan to ... Analyse the headers and find a rule to block them whilst still letting ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Spam Re: TOP20BONUSES.COM - Online Signup Bonuses and Promotions for Online Poker, Online C
    ... of downloading the headers for such messages has long since ceased to be a ... else have to even download or sift through the headers of your responses to ... your responses are just *adding* to the problem ... of wasted bandwidth rather than curing it. ...
    (rec.gambling.lottery)
  • Re: [Full-Disclosure] viruses being sent to this list
    ... A worm is sending mails as if from an FD poster and as if the headers ... Ergo, the list can't have sent the messages I'm getting responses to, ... Regards, ... This is a PRIVATE message. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Locating page numbers in headers
    ... First set the document up to have different headers on the left and right: ... To continue page numbering shown in the header or footer, ... takes a few responses before the best or complete solution is proposed; ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
  • Re: Default In Page Number Position
    ... page numbers can be applied without using headers or footers ... re-visiting the newsgroup for several days after the first response comes ... Sometimes it takes a few responses before the best or complete solution ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)