Re: Texas comes into the 21 century

On Sun, 24 Jul 2011 20:25:07 -0600, hamilton wrote:

http://ncse.com/news/2011/07/victory-evolution-texas-006802

I notice that there's mention of intelligent design on the sidebar.

There's something about intelligent design that really bugs me. If you
take it at face value, and then go off and use your experience as a
product designer to do a design review of the human race, you find that
clinging to the notion that we are the best that God could do is an
insult. To God.

If the fundies are right, then God is stupid, or cruel, or thoughtless,
either in a 'don't care' sort of way or as an active practical joker. So
to be a fundamentalist is to firmly believe some very bad things about
God.

Hence, I'm not a fundamentalist.

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com

  • Re: Under God or Under Darwin?
    ... Intelligent Design is a hypothesis. ... > Under God or Under Darwin? ... > based solely on scientific evidence yet is fully compatible with faith ...
    (alt.politics.bush)
  • Re: I can prove god made the big bang with logic
    ... of eden your suppose to make the word of god with snakes. ... I posted that I can logically make a big bang just by profiling people ... I said I can prove intelligent design that way ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Jack Murtha as nigger
    ... Phony Theory, False Conflict, debunking Intelligent Design, is exactly ... he denies the divinity of Jesus. ... This is the first commission God presents to ... commitment to the War on Drugs and the Karl Rove wing of the GOP. ...
    (alt.politics.bush)
  • Re: Jail Break
    ... When organized crime makes a racket they make relativity ... Darwins theory was invented to police intelligent design so organized ... dice with the universe thats how he stuck you in jail. ... THAT WAS GOD! ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: Its neither "intelligent," nor "design," and its definitely not science
    ... > believes that there is a God. ... >>Not intelligent and surely not science ... > an endorsement of any type of religion. ... the designer underlying intelligent design need ...
    (alt.politics)