Re: Texas comes into the 21 century

On 07/25/2011 11:51 PM, Bill Sloman wrote:
On Jul 26, 7:02 am, Phil Hobbs
<pcdhSpamMeSensel...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 07/25/2011 11:48 AM, Tim wrote:

On Sun, 24 Jul 2011 20:25:07 -0600, hamilton wrote:

http://ncse.com/news/2011/07/victory-evolution-texas-006802

I notice that there's mention of intelligent design on the sidebar.

There's something about intelligent design that really bugs me. If you
take it at face value, and then go off and use your experience as a
product designer to do a design review of the human race, you find that
clinging to the notion that we are the best that God could do is an
insult. To God.

If the fundies are right, then God is stupid, or cruel, or thoughtless,
either in a 'don't care' sort of way or as an active practical joker. So
to be a fundamentalist is to firmly believe some very bad things about
God.

Hence, I'm not a fundamentalist.

You aren't the first one to notice that. So far from being a problem
with theism, the failure of people to behave as we know we should is one
of the observations that's basic to the theist view. It's the Fall that
you're leaving out.

The Fall is one of those after-the-fact explanations that raises more
questions than it explains.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Well, I invite you to try following your conscience _exactly_ for a month, and then think back and see how you did. It's quite an experience, and clarifies a lot of issues.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs