Re: Texas comes into the 21 century

On 07/25/2011 11:51 PM, Bill Sloman wrote:
On Jul 26, 7:02 am, Phil Hobbs
<pcdhSpamMeSensel...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 07/25/2011 11:48 AM, Tim wrote:

On Sun, 24 Jul 2011 20:25:07 -0600, hamilton wrote:

http://ncse.com/news/2011/07/victory-evolution-texas-006802

I notice that there's mention of intelligent design on the sidebar.

There's something about intelligent design that really bugs me. If you
take it at face value, and then go off and use your experience as a
product designer to do a design review of the human race, you find that
clinging to the notion that we are the best that God could do is an
insult. To God.

If the fundies are right, then God is stupid, or cruel, or thoughtless,
either in a 'don't care' sort of way or as an active practical joker. So
to be a fundamentalist is to firmly believe some very bad things about
God.

Hence, I'm not a fundamentalist.

You aren't the first one to notice that. So far from being a problem
with theism, the failure of people to behave as we know we should is one
of the observations that's basic to the theist view. It's the Fall that
you're leaving out.

The Fall is one of those after-the-fact explanations that raises more
questions than it explains.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Well, I invite you to try following your conscience _exactly_ for a month, and then think back and see how you did. It's quite an experience, and clarifies a lot of issues.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net

  • Re: Texas comes into the 21 century
    ... On 07/26/2011 02:04 PM, Bill Sloman wrote: ... To God. ... Dr Philip C D Hobbs ... ElectroOptical Innovations LLC ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: LED reference current source
    ... On 09/14/2012 12:11 PM, Bill Sloman wrote: ... RTDs are ... Wrapping the flex around an anodized aluminum thermal shield with the thermistors on the inside and attaching them to the anodized surface with indium solder paste makes them very competitive for speed, but of course it's a bit fiddly to avoid solder bridges. ... Dr Philip C D Hobbs ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Conclusive physical evidence for AWG?
    ... On 1/25/2014 5:16 PM, Bill Sloman wrote: ... and got the atmospheric CO2 level up to 400 ppm, ... even though the scientific evidence is ... Dr Philip C D Hobbs ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Texas comes into the 21 century
    ... product designer to do a design review of the human race, ... To God. ... One reason that people ... cramp their style if there really were a God. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: OPA111 as PMT preamp any good?
    ... On 10/10/2011 05:39 AM, Bill Sloman wrote: ... Nah, they're a good six orders of magnitude noisier than a PMT, and they're slow as molasses--the rise time can be reasonable, but the fall time is the pits. ... Dr Philip C D Hobbs ... ElectroOptical Innovations LLC ...
    (sci.electronics.design)