Re: Any not-very-expensive SOIC to DIP adapters

From: Clarence (no_at_No.com)
Date: 10/07/04

    Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 01:20:35 GMT

    "Rich Webb" <bbew.ar@mapson.nozirev.ten> wrote in message
    news:nb39m090c2ut5o8q76gojj3s4p5a11aob0@4ax.com...
    > On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 19:04:09 GMT, "Nicholas O. Lindan" <see@sig.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >"Tim Shoppa" <shoppa@trailing-edge.com> wrote
    > >
    > >> Dead-bug style construction with SOIC's is perfectly feasible. After all
    > >> the lead spacing is only 0.050 inches, which is just the same as a TO-92,
    > >> and you do those all the time, right?
    > >
    > >If you are terminally myopic and have not a caffeinated neuron in your body:
    > >http://elm-chan.org/docs/wire/wiring_e.html
    >
    > Wow... those are lovely.
    > --
    > Rich Webb Norfolk, VA

    Vero Corp used to sell wiring pens. I got two I use for different size wire.
    The tip is a problem though, and I like the idea of putting a drafting pen tip
    on the barrel. You can't get the little wire combs anymore, so I use 4lb.
    Monofilament fishing line to "stitch" the wires on the board when I am done
    wiring and testing.

    Had to get used to using a magnifying lamp a lot. Easier than the microscope I
    use for SMT components on a PCB.