Resetting MSF radio-controlled clock after refitting hands.

Hi,

Can anyone tell me the secret of how to reset a ZEON TECH MSF radio-
controlled clock after removing the hands to lubricate a sticky
mechanism and then replacing them?

The clock mechanism is marked UTS MSF Radio Control and runs on a
single AA cell. When first purchased, the fitting of the AA battery
caused the clock to motor round until it eventually displayed the
correct time, but when I now power it up it does that again but the
final time displayed is inaccurate. This is obviously because I don't
know what time the mechanism thinks it is and therefore cannot put the
hands back in the correct places.

If a small label in the top left hand corner of the mechanism is
removed, two pins are visible so I guess that after manufacture the
setting of the time must involve fitting the hands to a known time
(EXACTLY mid-day maybe ?) and then doing something involving linking the
pins but, so far, I have been unable to find the correct way to set, and
maintain, an accurate time display.

Any ideas anyone?

TIA - Dave

David C.Chapman - Chartered Engineer. FIEE. (dcchapman@xxxxxxxxxxx)
CHAPMAN ASSOCIATES is a Consultancy offering practical expertise and
design skills in the fields of counter-surveillance, electronic protection
and security. Visit our Web site at http://www.minda.co.uk

  • Re: 91 320i how to change the clock
    ... Input correct time ... Press SET/RES. ... The clock will start to run ... For the time display: ...
    (alt.autos.bmw)
  • Re: Missing 757
    ... there could have been a random number generator driving the ... seen a number of systems do exactly this with the time display. ... consequence of the tick of the clock generating the stamps not being in sync ... So, in that second picture, if ...
    (sci.energy.hydrogen)
  • Re: Problem with HP50G clock
    ... I have noticed that the time display advances ... checked this) when the calulator is on, however when I turn off the ... Do i need to set a flag etc? ... Are you displaying the clock? ...
    (comp.sys.hp48)