Re: Any not-very-expensive SOIC to DIP adapters

From: Clarence (
Date: 10/07/04

Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 01:20:35 GMT

"Rich Webb" <> wrote in message
> On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 19:04:09 GMT, "Nicholas O. Lindan" <>
> wrote:
> >"Tim Shoppa" <> wrote
> >
> >> Dead-bug style construction with SOIC's is perfectly feasible. After all
> >> the lead spacing is only 0.050 inches, which is just the same as a TO-92,
> >> and you do those all the time, right?
> >
> >If you are terminally myopic and have not a caffeinated neuron in your body:
> >
> Wow... those are lovely.
> --
> Rich Webb Norfolk, VA

Vero Corp used to sell wiring pens. I got two I use for different size wire.
The tip is a problem though, and I like the idea of putting a drafting pen tip
on the barrel. You can't get the little wire combs anymore, so I use 4lb.
Monofilament fishing line to "stitch" the wires on the board when I am done
wiring and testing.

Had to get used to using a magnifying lamp a lot. Easier than the microscope I
use for SMT components on a PCB.

Relevant Pages