Re: ethernet networking problem

pls

it's ip addr range is 192.168.0.xxx
subnet: 255.255.255.0

yesterday i did'nt open the dsl only the local are network. but today
when i open the router and dsl modem, the other station immediately got
default gateway in them and automatically connected to the internet.
They all recognize each other now when viewed in the network
neighborhood. i don't know tommorrow. what might be the reason?
you know, i spent my day testing the utp cable betwen hubs and station
using my tester and their is always continuity. no problem on cable.
But it displays only itself on the network neighborhood. other
stations are not displayed. therefore, it is not also recognized by
other stations.What could be the solution to this problem.

by the way, i am a newbie. a first timer in managing a simple
networking system.- sorry bout my questions but i appreciate greatly
any ideas that come coz it helps me improved. thank you so much!!!

  • Re: Was told by DSL tech support that
    ... Panel, I clicked on "Wireless Network Setup Wizard", put network name ... PPPoE does not in itself require a login and password. ... other systems of authenticating the connection (using the MAC ... where any DSL modem will work. ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: 2 wire DSL
    ... this how your network is setup? ... Most DSL routers do NAT by default, ... capabilities so most users opt for a secondary router. ... then your WiFi router is ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • RE: SBS 2003 & additional network question??
    ... I understand you setuped the second DSL line ... with SBS network and connected with these Addintional PCs. ... use the second DSL line and a wireless router to implement it. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Intersite VPN
    ... Long story, but the DSL router isn't ours, we have no physical access ... able to seamlessly connect to the site A network. ... If you consider making a secure tunnel between the two sites I recommend ... (No clue if the Linux implementation has the same problem). ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • RE: tcp/ip routing question / router design EDITED
    ... I am missing one peice of my designed network. ... Now the peice im missing is the router, ... i can use the DSL as the router but im restricted to one LAN that way (so i ... i can use a pc as my router and loose a server from my network, ...
    (Security-Basics)