- From: Allan Adler <ara@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 05 Sep 2006 02:52:21 -0400
About 30 years ago, I took some of D batteries in series and and connected
copper wire leads to them which I placed in a glass containing holding
some vinegar. I might have added a little salt on the theory that it
might aid conduction. The solution turned bluish in a few hours and
one of the copper wires disappeared. I attributed this to the formation
of copper acetate, but I've heard other opinions on that. I tried similar
experiments on other occasions, sometimes using coins and other metal
objects for the electrodes. A few times I found a kind of reddish sludge
that I decided later might be mostly copper. Now I'm starting to wonder
whether one can do anything with the sludge, such as paint conducting
pathways for circuits on a plastic board. At any rate, this has started
me thinking about the old experiments again but since batteries are
expensive and since I recently, in another thread on sci.electronics,
got interested in AC adaptors, I was wondering what the chances are
that I would electrocute myself if I used the output of a
a NOKIA ACP-7U, with an output of 3.7 VDC and 0.35 A, as the DC source
instead of using batteries (assuming I can figure out how to repair
the AC adaptor first).
Allan Adler <ara@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
* Disclaimer: I am a guest and *not* a member of the MIT CSAIL. My actions and
* comments do not reflect in any way on MIT. Also, I am nowhere near Boston.
- Prev by Date: Re: 555 timer based flasher "noise" problem
- Next by Date: Copier - Scanner bulbs?
- Previous by thread: Re: 555 timer based flasher "noise" problem
- Next by thread: Re: "electrolysis"