Re: Shielding from microwaves

On 2007-05-23, eric <eric@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi, I am having a little microwave experiment, and I want to shield some
cracks from leaking microwaves.

ideally: solder or weld the crack shut.
if that's too hard stuff the crack with aluminium foil.

A pal said to me that a paper-type called "mica" is used for such reasons in microwave ovens.

mica is used in the oven's I'm not sure exactly what puropse it
serves, it is not a tyype of paper,

Is it true, or does anyone know any better way to make leaking
microwaves less harmful (apart from Faraday cage, this is too hard for
me to make, I suppose).

--

Bye.
Jasen

  • Re: Damn you, FEDEX! or Nikon D40 lost in Springfield, MO blackhole.
    ... the 2 mp Mavica he had been using with a Nikon D40. ... After shopping around, he got me to order one for him. ... The shipper had it insured, but from what I have read it could take weeks to sort this crap out. ... You may get your insurance from FedEx and a couple weeks later they find it and deliver it. ...
    (alt.photography)
  • Re: Crack in microwave
    ... with a crack in it unless I knew it was safe. ... Multiplayer Online Games ... Will the microwaves be able to escape? ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: python 3 constant
    ... is require Python to change to accommodate your need. ... Can you see the slight difference? ... Best regards, ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: The Sci-Fi Rejection Letter That Time Forgot
    ... nations have stockpiled arsenals of these incredible bombs and the time the story is set. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)
  • Re: Wachstumssaison Flieder
    ... Handbreit über dem Boden. ... "Fliederkrimi" am Samstag halten heute meine Nerven nicht aus. ... Dorothee ...
    (de.rec.garten)